Job ID: 0026
Our client is a Tier 1 automotive parts. They are stable, growing steadily and profitable.
They have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Production Supervisor . It will be a 3 shift rotating position. Definite preference given to those with experience in injection moulding.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing day to day supervision, training and communication to unionized production employees.
- Required to understand and manage fundamental business initiatives such as production, quality, scrap, and downtime to achieve established goals and targets.
- Responsible to initiate and lead in the implementation of LEAN and TPS activities on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for problem solving efforts such as accident investigations and addressing efficiency issues on the production line.
- A working knowledge and understanding of labor relations as well as effective communication and people skills.
- Ensure production employees receive and complete required training.
- Maintain TS16949/ISO14001 standard requirements.
- Continually drive improvement on metrics/measures of performance (OEE, scrap, safety) to meet plant targets and objectives.
- A Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma is preferred. Equivalent prior work experience directly related to the position will be considered.
- Clearly demonstrated leadership shills with a track record to show for it.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Union experience is a must.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment and will work rotating shift.
Job Type: Full-time