GREGORY A. JOHNSON
289.776.8707 * email@example.com
Seeking a sales consultant position representing products or services directly to clients, agents, and distributors in the architect & designer (A&D) marketplace. Utilizing my 15 plus years of sales experience has allowed me to successfully grow the various business markets I have managed by utilizing my problem solving, relationship building and communication skills to achieve the goals I set out. My single greatest strength has always been to bring on board the most elusive clients in any market segment where others have been unable to.
Territory management& optimization
Keeping sales funnel full
Leadership Strategic Market Planning
Turning stress into productivity
Sales Development Manager
Tampa Bay, Fla. December 2016 - Present
• relationship building with future prospects across Canada
• presenting S4 Light products or services favorably and in a structured professional way;
• listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale;
• maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
• cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
• responding to incoming email and phone inquiries;
• acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets;
• negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
• gathering market and customer information;
• representing S4 Lights at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
• negotiating on price, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers;
• challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy;
• advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions;
• creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer;
• recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into a computer system;
• reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
• gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements;
• making accurate, rapid pricing calculations and providing customers with quotations;
• feeding future buying trends back to employers;
• Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with teammates.
• Territory western Canada and the greater Toronto.
• Street lighting and all high bay applications
• The idea set forth is to save the customer on hydro bill costs.
FJ Group Toronto, On
Manager Business Development Sales August 2005 – December 2016
• Aggressively recruited to revitalize and launch product lines into the distributor market and A&D Community.
• Continually called on construction firms to include FJ Group products to be specified into tenders.
• Challenged to jumpstart previous failed efforts and built new sale distribution channels across the GTA and Ontario. Improved exposure of full product line and interacted with key players such as architects and designers to gain a competitive advantage by selling the superior product distinction.
• Designed and executed sales strategy for Indigo books & Music Inc. for all the Canadian locations Nationwide.
• Development of work flow, inventory systems and back room organization for Le Chateau Inc. Canadian wide.
Spacesaver Solutions, Aurora, On
Regional Business Manager August 1998 – August 2005
• Document and Imaging management solutions division went from number 3 in sales in the Country to number 1, in 24 months.
• In the role of Regional Sales Manager exceptional product knowledge, professional sales techniques and creative solutions were required to exceed sales objective within the respective territories. Strategic planning, outstanding communication, interpersonal skills and implementation of a systemic cold call sales program combined into performance excellence.
• Created a competitive team environment and managed a team of sales reps to strategize new prospects and administer existing accounts with defined performance metrics.
• Achieved sales exceeding 1.5 million over 2 years. Record setting sales for 1 quarter reporting.
• Advanced from Account Executive to Senior Account Executive to Regional Business Manager for Downtown Toronto in under 13 months.
• Attended the last 5 Awards trip